On Wednesday 16 June, 5:00-6:30 pm (CET), Prof. Kraemer will be guest speaker and panelist at the virtual Digital Markets Competition Forum at the Copenhagen Business School. The topic of the discussion is "Platform competition - the impact of different data-based business models".
The workshop will explore the policy implications of different business models (ads-based, transactions, subscriptions...), the potential harm related to them (presumed, actual, potential) and the impact on competition, on and between platforms, by discussing the following issues:
- How do platforms leverage data to increase user engagement with the product?
- What is the role (positive and potentially harmful) of the platform?
- Do user engagement and data usage differ among free (ads-based) and paid (transaction or subscription-based) services and business models?
- How do the different models affect platform competition?
- Is user switching costs higher under paid vs. free platform services?
- Is multihoming lower under paid vs. free platform services?
- Are barriers to entry higher for paid vs. free platform services?
Invited experts will draw on their research and offer their views.
Discussion and Q&A session will follow. Register here.
More information can be found here: https://www.dmcforum.net